I need to do this just once...

I have table zip_codes and table hardiness_zones
In this case, the key will be the actual zip codes.

hardiness_zones has two fields, zone_start and zone_end, these are all empty
in the zip_codes table.  I just need to move the data over, where the zip
codes are ==.

4.0.18-standard-log

UPDATE zip_codes, hardiness_zones
SET zip_codes.zone_start=hardiness_zones.zone_start,
    zip_codes.zone_end=hardiness_zones.zone_end;

Is that correct, and how can I test this before I do the real thing, aside
from working on a copy of the table, is there something where I can run it
and have it not really do anything, kinda like EXPLAIN, but not exactly.