I'm trying to import a large amount of data from an Access database containing
information about 9,000+ students in a school system. I've created a table
'student_list' to hold the data and issued the following command:

LOAD DATA INFILE 'home/karl/Student_List.csv' into table student_list FIELDS
TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n';

In response I get: ERROR 13 (HY000): Can't get stat of
'/var/lib/mysql/home/karl/Student_List.csv' (Errcode: 2)

I've looked up the error on the MySQL website and found the error listed as
Error 1013 in the listing of server errors for MySQL 4.1, but I can't find an
explanation.

1st question - the obvious one - does anyone know what is triggering the
error?

2nd question - why does MySQL only list the errors? I could already read what
it said in the CLI client. Is there a place on the web site that actually
explains what specific errors mean?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Karl Krelove