hi!
I'm using mysql 4.1 and I have a problem with a TIMESTAMP column (with all
of them actually). I've used them before in mysql 3.x and they worked just
fine. And at first I thought 'they changed something', but in the mysql 4.1
manual it still says

"A TIMESTAMP column is useful for recording the date and time of an INSERT
or UPDATE operation. The first TIMESTAMP column in a table is automatically
set to the date and time of the most recent operation if you do not assign
it a value yourself. You can also set any TIMESTAMP column to the current
date and time by assigning it a NULL value."

But when I try to insert a row into a simple table like this "insert into
test set txt='something'", the field "data", which is of type TIMESTAMP,
doesn't initiate with the current date, but turns out to be '0000-00-00
00:00:00'. I've also tried with update, and with other tables too. The same
thing.

Could anyone please help?
Thanks.