+------------+---------------------+
| table_name | update_time         |
+------------+---------------------+
| section05  | 2005-12-19 12:13:42 |
+------------+---------------------+
However, Update_Time applies also to changes without affecting the physical table order.
All the other ..._Time table properties don't specify the last sort_time.
I am afraid I have to simulate an IsSorted property myself.

Regards, Cor Vegelin

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Harvard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "C.R.Vegelin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: How to avoid sorting sorted tables ?

I suppose you could parse out and compare the update_time value from SHOW TABLE STATUS http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/show-table-status.html (or maybe there's a simpler way with MySQL 5's new schema database http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/information-schema.html ) and compare it with the last time the table was ordered.

HTH,
James Harvard