Christian Meisinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/19/2005
10:46:39 AM:

> Does anyone know a script/program to create statistics or graphs
> from a binary mysql logfile?
>
> A graph view daily, monthly data andsoon would be great.
>

>    best regards chris

What kind of values do you want charted? Have you looked at the binlogs to
see what is available? What you want to chart may not be part of the
actual data so you may want to expand your search to the general log file
as well. If you want database statistics, those are available through the
SHOW VARIABLES command. A performance monitoring app would need to poll
the server at specified periods to check on the progress of certain
variables in order to build a graph of running performance based on the
values presented by SHOW VARIABLES.

What I am getting at: you didn't say what you want charted so we have no
idea what can provide you with the charts you want. There may be some
existing performance monitoring tools for MySQL but we can't know if they
might meet your needs or not.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine