To: "Bruce Carey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: this listserv function...?

"Bruce Carey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/19/2005 11:29:56 AM:

I am experiencig an odd thing when usig this listserv.
When replying to posts, my replies are being addressed to
the sender, not going back to the list. Does this list not
have the reply-to enabled?

Going to be annoying to have to watch that all the time.

Let me know, thanks,

Bruce.

The easy way around that is to not use "REPLY" but "REPLY TO ALL" instead.
Most email clients have it.

While "Reply to all" has the desired effect, I've always found it a pain-in-the-ass. I subscribe to a handful of other mailing lists and I always forget when my replies should be sent with "Reply" and when they should be sent with "Reply All". I know that only one of the lists requires "Reply to all" but I never remember which one.

This does not cause any huge hardship - I *usually* catch any errors before I send the note - but it has caused some confusion when I didn't catch the error and replied offlist when I wanted to reply onlist.

Is there any way the mysql list(s) can be modified so that a good ole' "Reply" has the desired effect, just as it does in seemingly every other mailing list in existence? Or is there some great reason why the mysql lists are different than everyone else's lists?

Rhino