Hallo!

To Gleb Paharenko:

Thank you for your answer!

When I am upgrading from MySql 4.0 to 5.0 it is recommanded to dump in 4.0 and restore in 5.0. Therefore I can not use mysqldump of 5.0, because if I can simply open the databases with 5.0 I do not have to dump and restore. And of course if I have upgraded to 5.0 I will use mysqldump of this version.

But the restore is a good performance test for single INSERTS too in this case. I am using the C-API and in my programs single INSERTS are common and necessary, because seeking can be necessary for the inserted data before the next INSERT and so I can not collect them and make a bulk INSERT later. Also that a single INSERT is a "bit deprecated" seems to be a little bit strange to me and I still have not found written anything about this in the documentation or elsewhere.

That bulk INSERTS are faster than single ones is understandable for me, but I think single INSERTS are necessary too and should not get slower.

Kind regards

Helmuth