Hi Mark -

1.  Can you deploy the MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource with JBoss 3.2.5
using J/Connector 3.0.15 (using MySQL 4.0.21)?

2.  If so - is the documentation "1.4.3. Using Connector/J with JBoss"
for the mysql-ds.xml enough using the <driver-class> tag or do you have
to add a tag that provides an explicit reference to the
MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource method?

3.  Am I correct to assume that once you made the correct reference in
mysql-ds.xml to using MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource - JBoss takes it
from there and manages the connection pooling with every getConnection()
and free() method calls?  That is - you never have to import and/or make
references to the MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource method in your EJB?

4.  Last, when using the MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource method - does the
application server automatically terminates the EJB database session as
part of the connection pool recycling?

I am a beginner using J/Connector and sorry if my questions are a bit
un-initiated.  If you can direct me to any JBoss-MySQL connection
pooling deployment - I will be most grateful.

Thank you.

Noga