At 12:48 -0600 12/27/05, Jay Paulson \(CE CEN\) wrote:
I have a strange question for you all. I've inherated some code and the way the code works is that I can only mess with the WHERE part of a query. Therefore, I was wondering if something like this would be possible.

WHERE where concat(year,period,week) as type int < 2007031

Note that I'm trying to change the type of what the concat() is doing. Is this even possible? If so is it possible to do it in the WHERE? The reason why I think I need to do this is that 'period' is a char(2). I have to have the leading zero for every entry into the database so I can run my less than compare to it. Is there a better way of doing this than having the 'period' a char(2) type and trying to make whole concat() a type of int() on the fly?

Thanks!

You might be able to use the CAST() function.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/cast-functions.html

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA