Da: Atle Veka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Inviato: mercoledi 28 dicembre 2005 20.47
A: AESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati]
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Oggetto: Re: what about slave_skip_errors variables

Are you saying that "from time to time it happens that data gets inserted
directly to the slave"? In other words, they are NOT inserted into the
master.

Have you looked into using this mysqld option, which prevents accidental
slave updates?
  --read-only         Make all tables readonly, with the exception for
                      replication (slave) threads and users with the SUPER
                      privilege

It's hard to say what happened when you told mysqld to skip the error.
What are your mysqld versions?

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, AESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati] wrote:

> Hi,
> I got some mysql server connectet with the replica enabled and from time
> time it appen that the replicated data are still be inserted in the slave,
> so the replication server stop working due the duplicate entry error.
> For my purpose there is no matter to ignore these errors so I try to use
the
> parameters --slave_skip_error=1062 in configuration my.ini file .
> I restart the server but the slave replication continue to stop for error,
> what is changed is that now didn't report the cause of the error.
> There is something wrong in all that and I don't known if it is a some of
my
> mistake in the way I'm using this command or some other problem.
> I didn't known how to solve the problem, if someone can help, I'm just
> waiting....
> regards, Ezno

> ** with slave-skip-errors = off **
> 051227 16:57:43 [ERROR] Slave: Error 'Duplicate entry '7325' for key 1' on
> query. Default database: 'pmv_manager'. Query: 'INSERT INTO log_st
 IDROW,
> ......... , DT_MOD)  values ( 7325, ..., current_timestamp  )',
Error_code: