Marc,

In MySql (I am using 4.1.9 and 4.1.15; so i am not sure about 5) it is not possible to use functions as default values; you could create: create table tester (f_date date default curdate()); But this doesn;t work. You have to struggle through your knoda how to present the current date. Be sure you have your field datatype set to DATE. Create your form and set the datasource to the table having the date-field. Create your textbox and assign the field to it. Put the %NOWDATE% in the 'default value' field of your textbox. The currentdate will be shown after you run the form.

Hope this little info helps you :-)

Danny

Marc wrote:
I forgot to mention - I'm running MySQL 4.0.14 on Linux. And I'm not very
knowledgeable on databases. I just use MySQL with Knoda to get the job done.

I've got a MySQL table that I'd like to have the current date,
CURDATE(), as the default in a column. I'm using knoda to worj with this
table. How do I use knoda to get this done? I can enter CURDATE() in the
default using the GridColumns button, but all that does is insert the
phrase "CURDATE()". I've got the column with "Date" for the ColummnType.

Thanks.