Hello.

Sorry. It seems that I've understood your question now. In my opinion,

IGNORE_SPACE not related to CREATE FUNCTION statement, because at:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-procedure.html

for some cases we have "to use a space between the name and the following

parenthesis when defining the routine, or a syntax error occurs...". And

we have a space between 'sp_name' token and parenthesis. So it seems

that spaces are allowed for CREATE FUNCTION.

       <___/   www.mysql.com