I'm trying to initialize to a database on another server from a mail server.  I
can telnet to it but cannot initialize the database.
The account and user exists in the database and the paasword as I've tried it
from the mysql server.
Is there another test I can do to find out exactly what is causing the problem?
 The firewall is set to allow port 3307 (it the port mysql listens on).

Thanks
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>I'm trying to initialize to a database on another server from a mail
server.&nbsp; I can&nbsp;telnet to it but cannot initialize the database.</DIV>
<DIV>The account and user exists in the database and the paasword as I've tried
it from the mysql server.</DIV>
<DIV>Is there another test I can do to find out exactly what is causing the
problem?&nbsp; The firewall is set to allow port 3307 (it the port mysql
listens
on).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>