Hi all

I followed Gleb's advice (see below), removed all filters, restarted the db
servers -> same behaviour. Still replications work if there are changes made
on A. Then these changes are replicated A->B->C. When making changes on B, i
can see them in the bin-log on B and the relay-log of C but they are not
written to the db on C. Since there are no filters on C (anymore) and the
replication with changes on A works, i just don't understand where the
problem could be. There also are no error messages in the err log.
Everything seems else to work fine. Is there any way to get a more detailed
logging of what is happening during the replication (kind of debug
information)?

To make sure that the replicated SQL queries are ok i put them out of the
relay bin of C and issued them to the db on C using MySQLQueryBrowser. That
worked fine.

Another funny thing is, when i issue "LOAD DATA FROM MASTER" on C it loads
all data from master B inclusive all changes that have been made on B which
were not "replicated" before.

My conclusion so far: The data is in the relay-log on C but it's not put
into the database for some reason. I simply have no clue what reason it
could be. In fact i'm a little bit confused right now.... so any help is
very welcome.

Greetings
Frank

From: Gleb PaharenkoDate: December 28 2005 4:01pm
Subject: Re: Replication A->B->C - changes on B are not replicated to C

Hello.

>So now my question is: is it basically possible to do this or doesn't mysql
>replication mechanism support this setup? If it is possible: Any idea where
>the problem could be? If it's not possible: any idea for a different setup
>that would allow to this?

You should localize the problem. Research binary logs on B and check
if the statement which is not replicated is stored. In case it is stored ,
research relay logs on C. Remove filters if they're present on C to find
out if the problem in them.

  _____