You can force the installation (--nodeps) when installing the RPM package.

Even if you build DBI (and not install it from RPM) it won't be in the RPM database, and you'll get the same error.

You should be able to get a FC2 RPM for the DBI module - download that RPM and install it, then install MySQL - that would be the easiest course of action...

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

Francesco Vincenti wrote:

Hello everybody,
This is the first time I try to install MySQL 5.0, I think I followed the
steps showed by the documentation in the right way, but when I run the
command:

rpm -i MySQL-server-Version-.i386.rpm

I get back the error:

error: Failed dependencies:
       perl(DBI) is needed by MySQL-server-standard-5.0.18-0.rhel3

I am trying to install MySQL on this platform:
- CPU:                        AMD Athlon 800 Mhz
- Operating System:     Linux Fedora core 2, release 2.6.5-1.358

The packages I have downloaded are:
- MySQL-server-standard-5.0.18-0.rhel3.i386.rpm
- MySQL-client-standard-5.0.18-0.rhel3.i386.rpm

After the error, I found a few information on internet about perl(DBI), so I
downloaded it  and  installed it on my system.
The test step (make test) ended with error 355 (??), but I run anyway "make
install" which ended without problems, I think.
At this point I do not know what to do, so I need your help to solve this
problem.
Greetings
Francesco Vincenti

*