firstly,I don't use utf8,then maybe this will help you,first dump out your in
sql form,then find a mysql 4.1 with phpmyadmin 2.5* computer,or make one,then
deploy your sql in the latin mode,then dump out it again,redeploy it on your
web host,i think it will do,and no matter how you modify phpmyadmin 2.6 ,no
matter utf8 or latin or gb,you will find ????? in phpmyadmin all the time ,i
don't know how to fix it,and it will be ok on your page

立 周 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写道:
--- 维斯 苏 写道:

> just use phpmyadmin 2.5* because the 2.6* default
> use utf8,what you need to do is dump out your old
> mysql in sql form, use phpmyadmin 2.5* to redeploy
> it on 4.1*. That is it.

I don't have control over phpmyadmin version because
it is on a shared hosting plan. Can i manually modify
the SQL and explisively set collation attributes to
unicode_general_ci? because the collation attribute
does exist on MySQL 4.0, and 4.1.13 server is default
to latin1_swedish_ci. Will this work out?

http://www.cnads.org/

thanks.

赶快注册雅虎超大容量免费邮箱?
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com