Hi all

We are having a weird problem with some queries which are not using some
indexes in date fields.

Query-1
SELECT [field list] FROM tableX
WHERE dateField = [any date expression or constant value]

Query-2
SELECT [field list] FROM tableX
WHERE dateField <= [any date expression or constant value]

We have an index for dateField in tableX. However Query-1 is using the
index but Query-2 is not. We have tested a lot of different combinations
and every time we use any of these operators <=, <, >, >=

Mysql stop using the index. We are using Mysql 4.1.12 binary
distribution running on linux.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Javier