Hi all,

My RedHat 6.1 + MySQL server box has some rare thing happens today.

This box is sitting on the 192.168 network. It allows a cgi program to
select and update its records. The cgi program was triggered by the
Internet.

This box was received a lot of query this afternoon. Suddenly, it(redhat)
reboot itself (I did not send any halt command to it). After it restarted
mysqld was not start as usual (runlevel 3, mysqld startup by default). I
have to manually start mysqld by typing in ./S99mysql start. After that,
everything works like normal.

I have checked the server box and its log. It does not look like it was
hacked. I checked the power supply and everything work fine, the UPS is
protecting this server and also we have no black out here.

I have spent the whole afternoon to read the server logs and hope to fine
something. However, all the logs show just like a normal reboot at that
time.

Do you have the same experience before? If yes, please share your experience
with me. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Fear