On 1/4/06, Tripp Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We did recently upgrade the server from 4.0.40 to
> 5.0.15 and we did not dump the tables and reimport
> them. On the MAC we did do a dump and reimport. I
> wonder if that could be the cause of this problem. I
> had forgetten about that important difference.

I had the same issue and reported a private bug to MySQL.  The public
version of the bug is:  http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=15204

You should try upgrading to 5.0.18 and see if that helps.  It fixed it
for me.  Also, I've learned that it's good practice to always dump,
upgrade, and import instead of just upgrading the binaries with
existing databases.