Brian Dunning wrote:
Thanks Peter, that appears to be exactly what I'm looking for, but it still gives an error and I've been through it with a fine-toothed comb, tried different versions, parens, etc. Here is the exact SQL statement I'm using, with your suggestion:

select
    accounts.username,
    meets.id as meet_id,
DATEDIFF( DATE_ADD( meets.creation, INTERVAL 30 DAY), NOW() ) as expire_days
from
    meets
left join
    accounts on meets.id=accounts.id
....blah blah blah lots more stuff.

And here is the exact error I get:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '( DATE_ADD( meets.creation, INTERVAL 30 DAY), NOW() ) as expire

Can anyone see the problem? I sure can't.

DATEDIFF was added in 4.1.1.  What version of mysql do you have?
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/date-and-time-functions.html>

Michael