From: George Law [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sun 1/8/2006 8:42 PM
To: Andrew Burrows; MYSQL General List
Subject: Re: General Questions regarding mysql and php

Andrew,

I used to be a big redhat fan - but if you are looking to totally bring
everything up to date, I would suggested opensuse.

having used redhat for years, Suse's not a big step - everything is still
RPM based, however, Suse's admin tool, YaST, kicks butt :)

Suse 10 comes with Apache 2, PHP5, and one of the latest 4.X versions of
mysql.

There are generic RPMs for mysql 5 on mysql's website - but I haven't used
them - I am running 5.0.18, but using the binary distro because I needed to
run both 4.x and 5.x at the same time to migrate some data.

--
George Law