To be clear:

Replication in MySQL replicates the DML (data manipulation language)
and DDL (data definition language) commands -- that is, any command
that's an alter, update, insert, replace, create, drop, etc statement
to the slave.

If you write to the slave, it does not write back to the master.  If
you change the data on the slave server, replication from the master
to the slave will happily continue (hopefully, unless you've changed
something that would cause a duplicate key error or something) because
it only sends the commands over.

There's no way for the master to tell that the slave has changed.
There is also no easy way to take a master and a slave and ensure that
they do, indeed, have the same data.

-Sheeri