Hi,

I think you should change the tmpdir variable value to a directory which have enough room to create your temp big table (by default, it points to /tmp dir).

Regards,
  Jocelyn

Patrick Herber a écrit :
Hello!
I have a database with a big table (Data File 45 GB, Index File 30 GB). Since I have some performance troubles with "table-locking" in a multi-user
environment (when one of them performs a complex query all the other have to
wait up to 1 minute, which is not very nice...), I would like to convert
this (and other tables) into InnoDB engine.
I first tried using the innodb_file_per_table option but when running the
statement
ALTER TABLE invoice ENGINE=INNODB; ERROR 1114 (HY000): The table '#sql...' is full (this about one our after the start of the command, when the size of the
file was bigger than ca. 70GB (I don't know exactly the size))
I tried then without the innodb_file_per_table option, setting my
innodb_data_file_path as follows:
innodb_data_file_path=ibdata1:500M;ibdata2:500M;ibdata3;500M;ibdata4:500M;ib
data5:500M;ibdata6:500M;ibdata7:500M;ibdata8:500M;ibdata9:500M;ibdata10:500M
:autoextend

Also in this case I got the same error message.
What should I do in order to convert this table? Should I set in the innodb_data_file_path for example 50 Files, each big 4GB
?
Thanks a lot for your help. Best regards,
Patrick
PS: I'm running MySQL 5.0.18 on a Linux 2.6.13-15.7-smp server.