To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:21 AM
Subject: A difficult query- urgent for me

Dear Friends,
I have a problm, try to solve that.
Actually there is a table with columns a and b .
So i want if a contains a particular word than a's value should return else
'b' value should return. And there must be one and only one column
returning. I have mysql 4.x and i think the logic will be like. I know i am
wrong by syntax but ...
SELECT IF(a REGEXP CONCAT('word' , '$'),a,b) from table_name where a =
'anything';

I think i am clear if not do please ask me questions.
I shall be very grateful if any one of you can give me a solutions.
--
Regards
Abhishek jain.