I have a database backed-website in development.  (It's Rails based,
but for this question it probably doesn't matter.)  To make sure
things are clean during development I re-generate things from a
script.  Some things I generate depend on tables existing.  Other
things depend on tables being populated with data.   And my testing
depends on the web application having been created as well as the
tables populated.

Clearly the above dependency graph is asking for a Makefile.  So how
do I check the table dependencies from make?   Searching for mysql
and make mostly turns up building instructions, of course, so it's
tricky to find the answer to this.

This is with Mysql 4.1.x, cygwin and Solaris.

        Thank you
        Hugh