Hi List,

I have been asked to setup replication between two customers servers for one
particular
database, which I will call in this post 'livedb'.

The customer also has a copy of this database on the slave which they use for
testing.
This copy does not contains the same data as the master and the customer wants
leave it this way, they therefore asked if it was possible to replicate to a
different database
name, e.g. livedb_backup.

I suggested the use of the --replicate-rewrite-db option.

When I set this up and tested it I decided to create a new table and then drop
it to make
sure it was working ok ( if it wasn't I didn't want to taint the existing data
).

I created a table called test_replication and it was promptly created on the
slave, but,
when I issued a DROP TABLE command the replication stopped and the follwing
error
was present in the .err file:

060117 15:25:22 Slave: Error 'Unknown table 'test_replication'' on query.
database: 'livedb_backup'. Query: 'DROP TABLE `livedb`.`test_replication`',
Error_code:
1051

Both servers are Windows running version 4.0.26 ( one is win2k the other win2k3
).

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Here is the relevant section of my.ini on the slave:

--->8-----
[mysqld]
basedir=D:/mysql
datadir=D:/mysql/data

set-variable=max_connections=300

log-bin
server-id=20

log-error
log-slow-queries
log-slave-updates
log-warnings

replicate-do-db=livedb_backup
replicate-rewrite-db=livedb->livedb_backup

Thanks

Ian