Hello.

My advice doesn't solve your issue, but if you had a 5.0, you would have
been able to use INFORMATION_SCHEMA to retrieve the table names and
assign them to variables. Then using prepared statements and variables
you can dynamically drop a table. And at the end, you can put all this
stuff in the stored procedure. See:
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/information-schema.html
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/sqlps.html
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/stored-procedures.html