----- Original Message ----- From: "Imran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:13 PM
Subject: Help in joining three tables

Hello All:

I need to join three tables but I am not sure how to structure the query.
I need to join table1 to table2 and then join table3 to this result set.

So like (table1 join table2) join table3.

Table1 and Table2 will be joined on ProdNo,CustNo and Branch. Table3 will be
joined to the result set by CustNo and Branch.

There are many types of joins: inner joins, left joins, right joins, cross joins, etc. I don't know which types you want to do so I'll just assume inner joins and let you modify my answer to suit your basic needs.

Select t1.col1, t1.col3, t3.col5, t2.col9
from table1 t1 join table t2 on t1.col1 = t2.col4
join table3 t3 on t3.col5 = t1.col8
where t2.country = 'USA'
and t3.planet = 'EARTH'
order by t1.col1, t2.col2;