It's the Royal Mail. Ordnance Survey, the government mapping agency for the UK,
are in on it too.

To read their web site (as I have done a couple of years ago, and just now too)
you would think it had never occurred to them that people might want to deploy
the data as part of a web site. It's all about licensing the data by the number
of 'terminals'. Extraordinary.

Their prices are fairly extraordinary too.

I've always meant to write and complain to Royal Mail, Ordnance Survey, the
RM's independent regulator and anyone else I could think of about this
inflated, monopoly pricing which can only be hindering UK businesses from
developing localised on-line services.

</rant>

James Harvard