The better way to do this would be to have the cart.prod_id be a
foreign key field that references products.id (available as of
3.23.44) and use "ON CASCADE DELETE".  But that alters your schema,
and you want to think very hard about the problems it might create
(and do it with your data on a test server first, so you can see any
warnings or errors).

-Sheeri