Imagine American Idol where users vote on their Idols

Imagine that the system is using an innodb table... where

INSERTING is very fast might be concurrent .... BUT inserting is done over HTTP and PHP (not enable multiple insert :(( ) Updating status for each data inserted is also very fast .... i mean everytime for each incoming vote we must reply the vote, so we need to update the state
On the other side, we also need to count for each data real time

What is the best configuration i mean from InnoDB engine it self for this

High Concurrent Insert
High Concurrent Update
High Frequency on Select count(*) on table

Thx