Hello,

I have created some tables a while back, and of course, and I am
learning, I have found problems with duplicate entries and other
problems.

So upon a fresh read of the 5.1 docs, I am trying to understand the word
"symbol" after the constraint.

I would like to be able to somehow combine two columns, and make them
unique? Or distinct?. I do not want the same two columns to ever occur
again. If someone tries to insert, just ignore and continue. So I will
use a MyISAM table type. But in order to understand how this is done,
could use an understanding of the "symbol" behind constraint.

create_definition:
    column_definition
  | [CONSTRAINT [symbol]] PRIMARY KEY [index_type] (index_col_name,...)
  | KEY [index_name] [index_type] (index_col_name,...)
  | INDEX [index_name] [index_type] (index_col_name,...)
  | [CONSTRAINT [symbol]] UNIQUE [INDEX]
        [index_name] [index_type] (index_col_name,...)
  | FULLTEXT [INDEX] [index_name] (index_col_name,...)
      [WITH PARSER parser_name]
  | SPATIAL [INDEX] [index_name] (index_col_name,...)
  | [CONSTRAINT [symbol]] FOREIGN KEY
        [index_name] (index_col_name,...) [reference_definition]