"Xiaobo Chen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/31/2006 09:45:00 AM:

> Hi, folks
>
> I am trying to convert some Mysql database into Oracle. But their types
> are not exactly match. Could any one give a hint?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Xiaobo
>

> --
> Faculty of Computer Science
> Dalhousie University
> Halifax, Nova Scotia
> Canada

Here are links to nearly everything there is to know about MySQL data
types:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/data-types.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/data-types.html

Since I know next to nothing about Oracle data types, I am unqualified to
help you to draw any comparisons between the system you are migrating from
and whichever version of MySQL you may be migrating into. If you had been
more specific about the versions you are using, the techniques you are
using to migrate the data, the errors you are having and the results you
expected, you could have received a much more detailed answer.

Respectfully,

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine