the indexes would significantly slow down the inserts, also are you doing
the insert from a sql script, if so you couldtry this
Wrapping your very long insert script in as follows

set autocommit = 0 ;
begin ;

[[thousands of inserts here]]

commit ;

If you use the *mysqldump* option --opt, you get dump files that are fast to
import into an InnoDB table, even without wrapping them with the SET
AUTOCOMMIT and COMMIT statements

you could also try this
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
*... import operation ...*
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=1;

This would speed up your table inserts by turning the foreign key checks for
the duration of the import session...

you could also may be tune your blk_insert_buffer_size

Kishore Jalleda