Hello.

We had an INNoDB table of very large size of 47 GB. Recently we deleted a
lot of rows from the table in order to reduce the size. The number of rows
now stands at 164,000+, however, the disk usage remains the same. I tried
OPTIMIZEing the table; but the optimize fails after running for about an
hour and a half.

We have 15 GB of free space left in /var/lib/mysql/ and about 14GB in /tmp/

The MySQL server is running on a 2*3.00 GHz linux box of 4 GB ram and 140 GB
HDD.

How will we able to regain the free space?

Comments/suggestions/flamings solicited.

Regards,
Rithish.