Check http://dict.org/

Cheers,
-Dana

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 12:39 PM
To: Peter of Pedsters Planet
Cc: Mysql
Subject: Re: Dictionary

Peter of Pedsters Planet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/01/2006

01:27:45 PM:

> I'd like to know too if posible :)
>
> On 01/02/06, Scott Hamm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've been trying to google to no avail for English dictionary (with
> > definitions) in any format that I can download and import into
MySQL.
> > Do anyone know where I can find it?

There is a lot of effort that goes into creating and maintaining all of
the definitions for hundreds of thousands of words. I seriously doubt
that
any dictionary publisher is just going to give it all away for free,
regardless of the language.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it
immediately.