On 2/1/06, THUFIR HAWAT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just as there's MySQL Query Browser for queries and table design, is
> there a similar GUI front end for data entry?  I'm not building
> anything complex, just a simple database to muck with.  Is it easier
> to do data entry on a spreadsheet, then import the spreadsheet?  Seems
> a bit silly, but it seems to be either that or

I can't recommend a GUI data entry tool but the way I would do it is
to use a spreadsheet and save out as Tab-delimited format. Depending
on the data I might also rustle up a Perl program to create the data
automatically.

I would then use LOAD DATA INFILE statement or mysqlimport to get the
data into my tables. These methods are extremely quick for inserts and
will disable key updating etc.

Regards,
Imran

--
http://www.ImranChaudhry.info
MySQL Database Management & Design Services