From: Gleb Paharenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:23 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Storing a string value with slash(\)

Hello.

> If I retrive the same value with the slash (\), not able to display

> properly in the GUI. Do we need to use any MySQL specific functions to

> select such values?.

If you're retrieving the same values which have stored, that this is
rather a GUI problem, not MySQL.

> Is there any way in MySQL so that I can enter any number of slashes

> between the name with out escaping with another slash?.

It is all depends on the way you're using to store data in MySQL. You
can pass everything to mysql_real_escape_string(). See:
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-real-escape-string.html

--

For technical support contracts, goto
https://order.mysql.com/?ref=ensita

and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

www.wipro.com