Can someone point me in the right direction.
I had 4.1 running and all was well with my little program. I decided to test
the code with the newer 5.0.18. I updated my DB and then tried to access it
using the MYSQl Control Centre - 0.9.4-Beta and query browser 1.0.4 alpha.

The Administrator allows me to view table structure but not to add any
numerical columns.

Using the Control centre, If I double click on the table I wish to view data
I get two lines in the message area
Empty set (0.00) sec
[local] ERROR 1146: Table 'llcopy.1' doesn't exist

llcopy being my test database name.
These messages are got no matter what the table content is. I do note that
the error message on this app is different numerically to the previous

Also my insert program now fails to insert data. So I extracted one of the
SQL insert commands that worked with 4.1 and manually run it using the
mysql.exe command interface. This is the manual command.

INSERT INTO BanksC
(Bank,BankName,AccountNo,Balance,PMClosingBalance,EOMTempBalance,STTS)
VALUES ("C1","Client
Bank","NONE",000000000.00,000000000.00,000000000.00,"C");

The error was
ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'C1' in 'field list'

The settings of the table are char(2), char(20), char(12),
decimal(12,2),decimal(12,2),decimal(12,2),char(1) respectively.

This is driving me crazy. I am obviously doing something stupid but I have
got so close to the problem I can't see the wood for the trees.

Kerry