Dear all,
Thanks for your replies.

The main table for me is traffic_log. I use combination of recipient_id and
mobile_retry fields to uniquely identify each row in the traffic_log and use
the same combination on status_log as my foreign key to traffic_log.
Each message is saved as a row in traffic_log and its statuses are stored in
status_log.
The make me join these tow tables on both fields to find each message's
statuses.

For performing fast query, I always first select messages from traffic_log
becuase of it's indices and then select last status for each message.
I mean that i perform 2 separate queries.

But the problem arises when i want to search on statuses, so i have to join
these large tables and then select base on my status constraint and then
sort them base on their times. these parts are time consuming and i want to
make them fast.

As i said before, you may suggest me to restructure my tables.
I will appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks for your interest to solving my problem.

--
Sincerely,
Hadi Rastgou