"Vinay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/07/2006 09:28:05 AM:

> Hi,
>      I am using Pro*c to connect to oracle and get the results. All
> I want to do is send a query as parameter and get the results in
> some two dimensional character, Oracle Pro*c does not provide enough
> flexibility with its EXEC FETCH variable which forces use to declare
> variables to fetct into.Is there some kind of similar API in Oracle
> like mysql C API.If pro*c is the only is there a technique or better
> way to retrieve the row results into a  characer array.
>
> Any Help Appreciated,
> Thank You
> Vinay

Ummm, errr.... huh?

You must be confused. You sent this question to a MySQL mailing list.
Though several of us here have used and may be fluent in Oracle, it's not
very likely that your particular answer falls within the scope of this
mailing list and a useful response may not occur. We can tell you all
about MySQL and it's API's and connection libraries if that's what you are
asking about. But I think you want someone to explain an Oracle API. I
just don't see that happening.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine