Hi Gleb,

Thank you for you reply.

I am very much willing to recover the data manually, since I am reluctant to
bring down our production environment. I checked out the binlog-link you
mentioned, but since mysqlbinlog quits with an error, it is of little use.

I am now compiling 5.0.18 to see if the --hexdump option will work on the
corrupt binlog file. If it does, I presume I can just do a 'mysqlbinlog
binlog.xxx | egrep -v ^#' and feed the results back into MySQL, right?

Best regards,

Martijn