Could you post the error log entries from the slave and the binlog where the
slave hangs , also just to make sure d2 and d3 replicate well without any
problems from d1 right ? also as per your message  d4 and d5 would work well
if no replication is enabled at all so essentially its only the replication
that is causing the hang right?????( could you clarify this for us ) ,

finally if thats the case and you feel that you have no error on your side (
assuming you have exhausted all the possibilities trying to isloate the
problem) but still the slave hangs, then you might want to open up a bug
report  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-bugs.html

hope this helps .....
Kishore Jalleda