Hi,

I am trying to convert a Oracle 7 interface (from our Constraint Logic
Programming Platform ECLiPSe) to MySQL. [I guess I should also say that I
don't really have any experience with programming any database API
previously, so please excuse me if this seems to be a basic question]

The interface includes the feature of making multiple executions of prepared
statements, binding the parameters to different values before each execution.
In the Oracle code, obndra() was used to bind the parameters, and I have
replaced this with mysql_stmt_bind_param().

However, I noticed that there might be an important difference -- obndra()
binds the *address* of data buffers for the parameters, i.e. after the call,
the different paramter values for each execution are loaded into these data
buffers, and then executed, without calling obndra() again.

From reading the MySQL 5.0 manual, it seems that mysql_stmt_bind_param() is
used to bind the *values* of parameter data  for a prepared statements, i.e.
I need to call mysql_stmt_bind_param() again before executing the statement
again, rather than just loading different values into the buffers (i.e.
buffer in MYSQL_BIND structure). Am I reading the documentation correctly,
i.e. I can't simply replace obndra() with mysql_stmt_bind_param()?

Thanks in advance for any help and information!

Cheers,

Kish Shen