[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Rory McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/09/2006 07:37:17 AM:
>
>> Hello List
>>
>> I have tried dynamically assigning a database name to a stored proc via
>> its parameter list:
<snip>
<snip>

> Use a "prepared statement". Build your SQL statement as a string, prepare
> it, and execute it. It's all right there in the manual.

<snip>

I am afraid that it doesn't work - unless I am being thick (yes, I know, not like it hasn't happened before).
Used a test statement such as this:

PREPARE query_statement  FROM "SELECT * FROM ?.sites"

Which causes a syntax error right at the ?

Whereas the following statement works fine, but doesn't help me :

SELECT * FROM sites WHERE site_name = ?

While RTFM, I came across the following:

"Parameter markers can be used only where data values should appear, not for SQL keywords, identifiers, and so forth."

Which, if combined with my test results leaves me with Martijn's original answer of it not being possible after all :(.

Rory