> >Is there any scripts that people know of that can
> be
> >called from cron that I can use to copy the latest
> >database to the latest version?
>
> If you have shell access, you can run mysqldump to
> write the DDL and
> data to a sql file. See the mysqldump manual page
> for its many options.
>
> AFAIK MySQL does not provide upgrade scripts to any
> version, so if there
> is a version difference between your internal and
> web hosts, you may
> have to make adjustments to the script which
> mysqldump generates.

Thankyou for the reply Peter.

What I am trying to do copy data from a local host to
my webhost server. I will make sure the local host is
always the same version, I didn't think of that :)

Here is what I have so far -

Dump the data

mysqldump -q -uusername -ppassword mydbname > dump.sql

Upload the data

mysql -uusername -ppassword -hWEBHOST mydbname <
dump.sql

It is the second part that is not working. I'm not
sure if I have read the manual correctly. I have
access to phpMyAdmin on this host but not shell.

I get this. I think they must not have access enabled.

ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on
'my.webhost.com' (60)

I have contacted the webhost but no response yet. Any
one have any ideas? Ang.