Well, just thought I'd try one more time because I didn't get an answer to
my question last time.

So what I have is a random data stream that is sent in raw form, and based
on some data definition, I can assemble with the correct data types and
such.  One of my requirements is that I have to store the data in raw
form, and when I pull the data out, it displays based on the configuration
(with the correct data types and such).  So floats and doubles are IEEE
standards so I don't have to worry about those, however with integer
types, I may need to do some byte swapping (because this data can come
from variouse systems that could be either big or little endian).  So I am
singling out the data I need, but now I need to add the ability to byte
swap the data.

Keep in mind that it would be best if I can do this in SQL so that it is
portable.  I realize that it can easily be done in C, but that makes my
code less portable (which is also a requirement, to have it portable that
is).  So does anybody know of a MySQL function that is already implemented
to do byte swapping? or know of a way to implement this in SQL?

If not, is my only other option to write a UDF?

Thanks for any help.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your
regular duties.

David Godsey