Hi Dan

I have an application that doing huge insert over web (HTTP) handled by
PHP, when i use MySQL 4. Multiple thread doing insert to table is not
really a problem. But NOT in MySQL 5.

You may test it self, imagine you have 1000 concurrent HTTP connection
that hit your PHP script. Each PHP script is creating concurrent
connection to MySQL and doing insert. And boom......in a few
minute/seconds your MySQL
will be hang. It's terrible for me.

For MySQL4 yes, there's bug for multiple thread doing concurrent insert, but