My suggestion: Modify the source of mysqldump yourself.

After all, it is open source. Make sure you adhere to any and all
licensing requirements and copyright notices and you will keep yourself
out of any legal trouble.

For the vast majority of users, replication is a better solution than what
you propose so the changes you propose haven't been discussed at all. If
others would like to have your changes, perhaps you would consider
synching your mods with the main development tree and releasing them to
the community?

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine