On 17.02.2006 15:34 (+0100), David Spidley wrote:
> What is the official way to take this latin1 3.23 dump and load it
> into the brand new 4.1 utf-8 database, with the characters being
> converted during the load?

I'm not sure if the official way will help you. I've tried to copy a 4.0
database (latin1) to 5.0 (utf-8) and couldn't make it work with MySQL
Administrator's tools. phpMyAdmin made a good impression though, and it
got a lot faster since couple of years ago! You could export the
database as latin1 and re-import it as utf-8 or so. Just give it a try...

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Does the movement of the trees make the wind blow?"